• The delivery of sales and organization objectives through effective leadership and management of the Business Unit team.
• To ensure resources are used in an optimal manner and the Business Unit does not exceed agreed expenditure budgets.
• To devise long term strategy for the Business Units product portfolio and fit of organization with market and customer requirements. To contribute to the overall marketing department long and short term strategy in terms of allocating resources, portfolio priorities and organization change.
• To manage through the product management team the strategic marketing annual operating planning process. To ensure the team identify critical success factors and develop well thought through marketing programs, core to addressing CSFs and implementing approved product strategies within agreed budgets. To ensure plans/strategies accommodate the changes taking place in the market and respond to customer need.
• To oversee the effective implementation of the marketing plan in relation to key marketing programs critical to the success of the product. To ensure the marketing team effectively execute the marketing mix at product level, e.g. in terms pf use of advertising, direct mail, public relations, the sales force, clinical access programs, added value service provision.
• To manage the Strategic Sales and Operational plan through the sales managers. To ensure that the sales team identify the success factors necessary to deliver the marketing plans, develop appropriate monitor and control mechanisms, rewards and incentives. Maintain a review of the optimal structure and deployment of the sales teams and ensure that appropriate training and development programs are developed and implemented to ensure that the skills and capabilities of the sales teams remain competitive.
• To be responsible for setting performance management objectives based on marketing, sales and medical plans and assessment of individual performance vs. objectives. To be responsible for the effective leadership, management, coaching and counseling of multi-disciplinary business unit team. Responsible for training needs analysis and personal development of direct reporters.
• To ensure that effective working relationships are in place across the multi-disciplinary team within the function and cross function at a local, national and international level to obtain input to plans/programs and ownership to implement plans as required. To motivate all relevant personnel within and across functions through communication of the business units vision, clarity of direction and leading by example.
• Tender management. Coordination of tender process with distributors, local and Central government institutions, SK Pharmacia. Tender strategy creation. Pricing.
• KOLs, KAs, Ministry of Health and others government healthcare institutions collaboration.
Key success examples:
Growth of business 2009:2010 – 20%, 2010:2009- 48% (25% over the Budget 2010).
In 2011 successful listing of 3 launching products to the National Formulary and reimbursement program in onco/hematology and transplantology.
I was in a human resource reserve for the top management positions and talent development program since 2010. I participated in Novartis GEM Mentoring Program during 2011.
Direct reports: 2 product managers, 7 regional KAMs, 1 diagnostic projects manager.